so i know you don't all think in colors, but let me try to explain. Orange moments are those moments when you feel the world is perfect, and if you could drag out this moment for eternity, that's what heaven would be like.
Mine for this week is that I was driving home and I noticed the smoggy LA sunset--I got home just in time to rush to the roof and climb the 5 flights of stairs (our elevator is broken), hop over the fence, and settle into my typical roof-spot to watch the sun go out in a blaze of glory. I watched the orange swathe of sky turn slowly deeper, until the orange receeded below the horizon and the purples and greys of night crept in. Then I turned around and saw the moon rising in the east--a gigantic full moon--I could even see the rabbit in the moon! The moon rose against a haze of what is probably LA smog, but for once, I have never been so in awe of pollution. It looked like a painting instead of reality. I descended the two half-flights of steps down to my apartment perfectly content and awestruck by God's creativity and artistic talent. Man I wish I could paint.
Monday, November 6, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment