Monday, November 6, 2006

Northern Lights

I had another orange moment today. I was sitting outside northern lights (coffee shop in north campus aka where the english ppl who i'm really jealous of go to hang out) studying for my snarking microbio midterm tomorrow and the sun started descending behind the building. for about 5 minutes, everything was basked in a warm glow--it's times like that i love the color of my skin. the yellow undertones of my arms seemed to radiate and shimmer in the last rays of the sun, and for a moment i felt that i truly understood how perfect all of God's creation was. Then the sun set behind the building and a murky twilight enveloped the world, leeching it of all warmth. That's when I went home =).

I'm starting to heal. It's amazing how fast we are able to recover sometimes...but I'm trying to fix my eyes on God's sovereignty and put everything in perspective. Life isn't over. =)

No comments: