So the Nine (minus Nance and Joyce) got together yesterday at my place--we went swimming (or rather, Pei, Jopie, Hana and I went swimming and Steph "worked" and Ching played on Steph's phone)...and then we made dinner and had shaved ice for dessert. There were a few times that I had to stop what I was doing to simply gaze around at all these people I love and I was astounded at how lucky I am to have SIX of my closest friends from middle and high school still around! 6 to 12 years later! I can't even start to describe how nice it was...and that's something, given how much I like words. But it was totally an orange moment.
When I was in high school, my house was kind of the "clubhouse" because my parents were so chill about having people over at all hours of the day (and night). That changed a lot in college b/c my mum started valuing her privacy (who would have thought?) and when we got our dog, it got hard to have people over at night because she'd bark her head off anytime she heard anything (my dog, not my mum)...so it would wake the whole house up. It's nice now to have my own place to have people over and to feel like they're in my own little home. =)
Monday, June 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment