Steffibo introduced me to this guy...and I <3 his music. His style is really expressive and his touch on the piano is delicate, and I've been listening nonstop. I even printed out a couple of his songs to try on the piano...it's good for me to practice sight reading anyways, and his songs are really gratifying because there's not a lot of dissonance so I can tell when I'm going wrong. =) I'm highly tempted to keep my computer nearby so I can just play by ear...but so far I've been good and I'm actually reading the notes! I need to get my keyboard fixed so I can play at home and I don't always have to go to my mum's place for the use of the piano.
It's funny how when I play, I almost flashback to things Sabrina (my favorite, and most recent piano teacher from high school) used to say during our lessons. Tips she gave me during certain songs, how she interpreted Mendelssohn, making up stories to fit the song, making sure I make every note "sing," teaching me how to embellish Bach with trills and turns, strengthening exercises to make sure I play Mozart's scales evenly...I can't believe it's stuck with me so long, but I'm very happy it has. I want to take lessons again!! One day...one day...=)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Bring the music sheets over tonight. I want to see it and try it.
Lois
Post a Comment