Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Another student quote

I had a study session for my kids on Monday (yeah I know, I'm such an amazingly dedicated teacher =P) and I just had to write down one of the quotes from then (it made me laugh so hard I cried).

There are 6 free response questions I gave them ahead of time for the honors bio final and they have to answer two random ones I pick on the day. But I told them, I wouldn't answer questions about the test questions b/c I wanted them to figure out the answers themselves. So one very ambitious student was asking me over and over about similarities and differences between bacteria and viruses (which is a test question) and getting more and more frustrated that I wouldn't answer. So finally, we're all talking (b/c the session is almost over) and she turns to Mrs. Roth (the biotech teacher)
Student: Mrs. Roth, I have a very personal question for you...
Mrs. Roth (very kindly): Yes?
Student: What's the difference between viruses and bacteria??
Me [cracking up}
Student: [with the "Do you want to die" look in her eyes.] WHAT? WHY are you laughing?
Oh, it doesn't sound nearly so funny on paper, but it was SO funny...

No comments: