Thursday, May 28, 2009

Odds and Ends

There's something very cathartic about deep cleaning. My kitchen is all bright and sparkly again =) Now if I can only do the same to my classroom tomorrow...

One more day of work before summer break! I need to grade a whole lot of papers between tonight and tomorrow =P

I said goodbye to my students today--many of my international (read: Korean) students won't be back next year and it's a little bizarre. I feel like they're going to walk into class next week same as usual, but they'll be in another country. I don't think I'll feel properly sad until fall, when they're not around. Until then, I'm not really going to believe they're not coming back.

In a week I'll be in DC! And then in another week I'll be back...and then in another week I'll be teaching summer school. Life moves so quickly!

And finally, because I threatened to post this...a conversation I had with Ching today (I found her a child to psychoanalyze for a class, since she "doesn't know little people")

Ching: oh AWESOME...I LOVE YOU <3
lifesaver
me: dork, what's not to love...please
Ching: .... -_-"
WELLLL....
Ching: do you want the short list or the long one? :-P
me: what? you found another kid to study? really
Ching: oh wait, i can't find the list 0_o

Poor Ching's been bullied by me since high school...and nothing's changed ;-)

No comments: