Monday, May 25, 2009

ridiculous brother...

My dear brother called last night at 12:45am (just as I was falling asleep) to ask me two things. The first was "What are we doing for Father's Day?" which was a somewhat legitimate question, so we talked briefly about that.

The second questions was "By the way, how does inflammation of the liver cause hepatocellular carcinomas?"

...

Sometimes I think he only asks me these questions to hear how confused I am when I try to answer...The worst part was that sleepy as I was, I actually pulled out Acheson to look up what he had to say on hepatitis and other flaviviruses to see if there was actually a pathway described for how an external factor like inflammation could affect proto-oncogenes and tumor-suppresson genes. After discussing this (I don't do well in these discussions...) and after my brother was thoroughly convinced that I don't deserve my diploma from UCLA in microbiology, I hung up and went to sleep.

Is it any surprise I had nightmares??

No comments: