Truth project from Monday was really good. There is no such thing as a "mere" man...because every person on earth has an eternal soul and either is one of God's children or is not. I know that sounds like an old message, but it struck me in a new way on Monday. This means that EVERY person on earth belongs in one of those categories...that EVERY person is created by God...but what happens when I brush by one who needs help? Or when I'm brusque or rude to somebody when I'm tired or in a hurry. Who is it I'm being curt or bad-mannered towards? Eventually, it's God. I'm brushing off God when I act badly toward people. That is a way bigger deal in my head, at least. Maybe it shouldn't be if I love people as much as I love God, but the fact is that I don't. Feeling that I love God who is far away and doesn't annoy or nag me in my day to day life is way easier than acting out that love towards people, but that's what God has called me to do! And by showing love toward people, I'm acting out my love for God. I guess what I'm trying to say it...it's easier to WANT to love God for me...there are definitely people I don't WANT to love, but I still have to, so having God at the back of that love is a really good incentive to do it!
The second thing was, when I walked out of my classroom for chapel today, I was in a cloud. Not metaphorically (although that happens often as well), but literally INSIDE of a cloud. The air was white and puffy and you could hardly see 20 feet in front of you. It was great...even though it was chilly, I didn't want to go inside.
This makes the second day in a row I didn't get to see the sun. Wo zuo tian yo jing tian mei you kan dao tai yang. Hao ke lian, dui bu dui?
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment